Lost CR2 photo files from Canon EOS DSLR after Firmware issue?
Image Recovery Tool is always there for you to restore pictures that are close to your heart!!!
Firmware in professional digital camera is an embedded software or application that is installed by the manufacturer at the time of shipping. The Firmware makes all the digital camera components work as a unit that is not available on DVDs or CDs unlike other software.
If an updating in the digital camera Firmware is needed, then the manufacturer might notify the customers via e-mail or the manufacturer’s website. The customers have to download the updated or latest version of the Firmware to their computer and then as usual plug the digital camera to the computer and install the application to the digital camera.
However, still there are some issues with the Firmware in the digital camera which sometimes causes image deletion / loss from the digital camera leaving the user in disgusting situation.
If there is proper backup available, then the user can easily retrieve the required images from the backup files. A reliable tool like deleted picture restore utility will be the perfect solution in the absence of backup files which will help the users to get back their precious picture files.
This software not only possess powerful algorithms to restore deleted RAW images from the digital camera after Firmware issue but also it accomplishes deleted picture recovery from hard drive, camera memory cards and FireWire drives with its extremely intuitive graphical user interface.
Along with it, this software also facilitate users to restore deleted images on flash drives. That is why the software is widely accepted as one of the best image recovery utility among the satisfied users and Industry Experts all over the world.
Why Firmware issues occur?
Any interruption during the Firmware update process gives rise to Firmware error causing image loss from the digital camera.
- Accidental shut down of camera: The camera may accidentally switch off during the Firmware update due to low battery or some battery related issues which may result in Firmware update failure. The digital camera photos may become inaccessible due to Firmware update failure. Other than this sudden power outrage can also cause Firmware update failure.
- Firmware corruption: Corrupted Firmware also results in Firmware update failure. The Firmware may be damaged due to interrupted downloading process, Virus infection or any error while downloading the Firmware etc.
The Side effects of Firmware Issues:
- Memory Card Error: Sometimes, you might have come across a situation in which the memory card is not detected by your Canon DSLR. When you insert the memory card into the digital camera and turn it on, the camera refuses to read the memory card inside making all the memory card images inaccessible to the user. It may show the error message like “Memory Card Error”. The possible reason behind this type of behavior is Firmware issue or Firmware bug.
- Error 99: Canon Error 99 is an error message that pops up when there is a contact issue between the lens of the camera and the body part. It can also occur due to battery issue, Firmware issue like Firmware update failure, memory card corruption issue etc. The only procedure to get rid of such issues was to take out the battery and put it back. If that does not solve the problem, then you need to use a reliable Image retrieval utility to get the lost CR2 images.
Tips to be followed after losing access to CR2 images from the memory card:
- Never save any new files to the memory card from which the images are lost, to avoid permanent loss of the lost photo files.
- Do not install the photo restoration tool on the memory card itself, because; that may overwrite the lost images residing in the memory card. You can install the application in to any drive / partition of the hard drive of the computer and connect the digital camera to the computer while executing the recovery process.
- It is safe to use the demo version of any photo recovery software first to evaluate the effectiveness of the utility. Once you are happy with the demo version results, you can surely use its full version to retrieve the lost CR2 images.
- Make sure that the software you are using is read only software that does not modify the original content of the photo files during the image recovery process.
Attractive functionalities of picture retrieval tool:
- The software possesses special algorithms to recover Transcend MicroSDHC cell phone memory card photos even after the memory card reformat.
- Supports corrupt Kingston CF card picture restoration including other file types such as audio files, videos, RAW photo files etc.
- The software also allows you to retrieve NEF RAW photo files from SanDisk SDHC card after accidental formatting, deletion or after Format Error.
- It also supports photo recovery on memory cards of popular digital camera brands like Nikon, Canon, Sony, Kodak, Fujifilm etc. For e.g. it is capable enough to retrieve JPEG images lost from Nikon Point and Shoot digital camera even after unintentional formatting of the camera memory card
Process to restore CR2 photo files after firmware issue:
- Connect the digital camera to the computer via USB cables. Download and install the demo version of the picture recovery software in the hard drive of your computer. After successful installation, select “Recover Photos” from the main screen. After that choose the 2nd option from the new window containing options like “Recover Deleted Photos” and “Recover Lost Photos”.
- After that select the digital camera memory card as the logical drive from which the photos are to be recovered and then click on “Next” to start the scanning process. After scanning is completed, you can view all the images retrieved from the digital camera memory card.
Tips to avoid picture loss in the future:
- You can use UPS to avoid photo loss due to of power fluctuation.
- The best way to prevent picture loss in the future is to take backup on a regular basis. The photos can be easily restored from the backup files.
- Use latest antivirus program to prevent firmware corruption.